Wall graphics vinyl is a popular material. It may look easy to apply, but if you do not have experience, your vinyl sticker may end up crooked, wrinkled, or bubbled.
You can apply a vinyl sticker or decal properly if you follow these steps:
- Clean your surface thoroughly with soap, water or rubbing alcohol. Wipe the area with a clean, dry cloth. Avoid the use of Windex because its residue may interfere with the adhesive.
- Ensure that your surface is smooth. Wall graphics material does not adhere well to rough surfaces.
- Prepare the sticker or decal for application by rubbing a credit card or squeegee across the sticker’s transfer tape in order to remove any air bubbles that will make the sticker cling to the transfer tape.
- Tape the vinyl graphic to the area where you want to apply it. Measure from different vantage points to make sure that your vinyl graphic is positioned symmetrically.
- Put another piece of tape across the top of your vinyl graphics.
- Using the tape as a sort of a hinge, flip the vinyl graphics around and slowly begin removing the paper backing of the vinyl transfer tape. If the sticker clings to the backing, slowly replace it, and repeat the process.
- With your sticker or decal in the right place, apply pressure using a credit card. Start from the center and move outward toward the edges. This will force out any air trapped between the sticker or decal and the surface.
- When you are satisfied with the appearance of your decal or sticker, carefully remove the transfer tape.
Your vinyl sticker or decal is now in place.